10.11.2012

Music to My Eyes: Milo Greene


     Although I had never heard of Milo Greene before I heard them live with The Civil Wars, I was beyond thrilled to add them into my collection of most loved bands. I didn't jump the gun and buy their music right there at the concert; instead, I waited until I moved back on campus this year, when they released their debut album on iTunes. Because of this timing, this album has absolutely become the soundtrack to my fall. 
     That being said, music plays an incredibly huge role in my life experiences. I associate songs with people, seasons, experiences, and especially photographs. I often connect clothes to albums and bands in my mind, so I thought I would start sharing some of these musical ensembles on my blog. Milo Greene's self titled album is exemplified to me by ethereal pieces with a bit of an edge. That's the way I would describe their sound in a nutshell and I believe I've created an outfit below that could be described as such. 


Milo Greene
      Whenever I listen to the album, it automatically evokes images of long, white dresses. The Poetry Department dress from Modcloth is an absolutely perfect option for this look. Throw in some black leather accents like those completely badass Rocketdog lace ups and the black Schoolboy bag from Gap for a perfect edge. Of course, if it's cold out, an army style jacket like this one from Paul and Joe Sister is my go-to option over pretty, lacy things. A darling feather ring and some vampy nail polish add the finishing touches for a look that has as much harmony as the five part vocals in Milo Greene's songs. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you kindly for taking the time to comment! I sincerely make an effort to respond to each, and visit each blog in return.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...